Equipping students to serve Japan and the world for Christ
— OUR VISION
OUR CORE VALUES
Creation in the image of the one living and true God bestows special dignity and value on all human beings, and mandates us to be God's agents of creativity, care, and compassion in the world.
- God is the author of all truth (John 14:6; John 8:32)
- God is Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer and Restorer of His world (Col 1:15-17)
- In Him is all knowledge (Colossians 2:3)
- God's unified truth in His Word (John 17:17) and in His world (Romans 1:19-20) is the lens through which we view education
- God created humans in His image (Gen. 1:27)
- Each individual has intrinsic value and is worthy of respect (Acts 17:29; Deut. 6:5)
- Each individual has unique gifts needing to be developed (1 Cor. 12)
- God created humans for community (Acts 2:42-47)
- Community reflects God's triune nature and is best expressed in a relationship with Him through Christ, and with others (Gen. 1:26-28; 1John 4:9-12)
- Community requires service (1 Pet. 4:7-10)
- Community extends beyond our local boundaries (Is. 12:4; Matt. 28:19)
- Community resources require wise stewardship (Col. 3:23-24; Matt. 25:21)
applies this biblical approach to life and learning, addresses the whole person, and equips students to become:
Faithful Caretakers who
- Receive all God’s creation--self, others, and the environment--as gifts to be cherished and renewed.
- Care for all God’s creation--self, others, and the environment--and unfold its potential for the flourishing of all and the glory of God.
- Develop physical, social, emotional, moral, and spiritual health.
- Cultivate practices of forming and appreciating beauty.
- Seek God’s truth, goodness, and beauty in and through diverse cultures and languages.
- Serve God and others locally and globally.
Responsible Learners who
- Understand subject content.
- Develop and apply subject skills.
- Use reliable sources to support conclusions.
- Integrate content and skills across subjects.
- Take initiative and persevere to deepen knowledge.
Discerning Thinkers who
- Analyze and synthesize diverse perspectives on an issue.
- Identify and evaluate multiple solutions to problems.
- Revise thinking and work in pursuit of excellence.
- Interpret all types of information.
- Apply a Christian perspective to all areas of life and learning.
Productive Collaborators who
- Create a positive environment that encourages respect, creativity, and flexibility.
- Provide and receive constructive feedback.
Effective Communicators who
- Employ various forms of communication.
- Engage with and navigate between diverse cultures and languages.