We have changed our domain to: caj.ac.jp
CHRISTIAN ACADEMY IN JAPAN
Equipping students to serve Japan and the world for Christ
This year, CAJ's Board examined all areas of the school and developed the following 3 year strategic plan to provide for the necessary resources and environment to support student learning and a lifetime of serving Christ.
The plan will be reviewed and evaluated every three years. Every year an internal action plan will be developed to meet the strategic plan objectives. Proper recruiting and training for the staff and board will also be provided.
View/download the strategic plan as a PDF.
Implement global competencies with a biblical perspective, preparing students for lives of service.
- Train students and staff in global competencies and biblical integration
- Facilitate service-learning opportunities for all grades
- Provide effective technology support for students and teachers
Value individual and cultural differences in a dynamic academic environment. Encourage unity and collaboration. Maintain high academic expectations while meeting the needs of each student.
- Regularly assess and enhance curriculum and supplemental programs
- Clearly communicate what is to be taught and the sequence in which it will be taught from K to 12
- Consider online courses for current students and School Support Service (SSS) families
Promote a safe, welcoming and nurturing community.
- Provide regular child protection and safety training for staff, parents and students
- Facilitate effective communication internally and externally
- Explore new ways to celebrate and appreciate cultural diversity
Uphold a budget that provides sustainable financial support for the school's short-term and long-term goals.
- Maintain a 3-year projected budget
- Create alternative revenue streams to support capital projects and operating expenses
- Ensure the Tuition Assistance Program is adequately funded
Create a master plan for the future development of the campus facilities and grounds, targeting a student population of up to 550.
- Maintain campus facilities to maximize community, efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and implement a multi-phased construction plan to meet student learning requirements